Following a recent update of the Evasi0n tool to version 1.5 to address various boot issues some users were facing, an update to the popular Sn0wbreeze jailbreak tool has also now been released adding support for iOS 6.1.2, as well as a number of bug fixes.
Sn0wbreeze is an alternative to the more widely known Evasi0n tool we’ve previously covered on the site, and is available exclusively for Windows. It offers the same functionality, in that it will give you an Untethered Jailbreak for your iOS Device. Sn0wbreeze originally was updated to verison 2.9.10, which came earlier in the weekend to add support for iOS 6.1.2 and a fix for the Apple TV. Then it was updated again to version 2.9.11 to bring a Cydia-related bug fix.
- 2.9.11: Fixed bug with Cydia having “compatibility-issues” with the untether package on 6.1.2.
- 2.9.10: Added Apple TV 2 iOS 5.2 sandbox fix. ([email protected]!)
- 2.9.10: Added iOS 6.1.2 support for 3GS/A4 devices (as usual).
In addition, the creator of Sn0wbreeze, iH8Sn0w, has updated support the SHSH tool iFaith to version 1.5.3 adding support for blob dumping on iOS 6.1.2 and some speed optimisations. Blob dumping enables a device to be downgraded (3GS and A4 devices only) even when Apple has stopped signing the previous firmwares, which tends to be a few days after a new iOS version is released.
- 1.5.3: Now dumps 3GS/A4 devices running iOS 6.1.2.
- 1.5.3: Fixed Windows XP USB issues.
- 1.5.3: Fixed annoying bug when downloading blobs from server(s).
- 1.5.3: More bug fixes
- 1.5.3: Minor UI improvements.
- 1.5.3: More iPhone 4-Rev2 fixes (Still needs more feedback).
Sn0wbreeze and iFaith Downloads
As always, if you have any questions or issues, please leave a comment in the section below and we’ll be happy to help.
In addition, if you’ve used both the Evasi0n tool and the Sn0wbreeze tool, which did you find more reliable or easy to use? Drop us a comment below.