Apple has now started seeding iOS 5.01 (build no. 9A402) to developers, with several updates including a rumored fix for the battery-life issues which have plagued the iPhone 4S, as well as improvements to multi-tasking gestures on the original iPad and better Siri voice recognition for Australian accents.
iOS 5.0.1 beta contains improvements and other bug fixes including:
– Fixes bugs affecting battery life
– Adds Multitasking Gestures for original iPad
– Resolves bugs with Documents in the Cloud
– Improves voice recognition for Australian users using dictation
– Contains security improvements
iOS 5.0.1 beta introduces a new way for developers to specify files that should remain on device, even in low storage situations.
The battery life fix for iPhone 4S users should be available in the next few weeks.