What are the battery storage units?
Battery storage units have allowed businesses and compounds to store energy from solar and wind for later use. They also allow you to charge your batteries during off peak energy times, then you can use the stored energy during peak electric cost to save money.
In the current generation where renewable resources are on demand, because of the changes in the environment; the battery storage units have now become hype! These are used almost everywhere where the renewable resources are in consideration.
What is BESS?
Battery Energy Storage System is the technology that is used to store large amounts of electric energy via batteries, for later use.
The entire structure of the BESS consists of:
- Lithium Battery storage units: Thinks of them as very large version of the rechargeable batteries in your phone and laptops. The use the same basic technology to store energy in large quantities for later use. Lithium batteries are super-efficient and they give back almost all of the energy they store. Li-ion batteries are also fast, they give the stored energy back in seconds. Li-ion batteriesare also becoming more affordable, making them a less expensive way to store energy. Lithium Batter Storage Units will help solve a lot of energy needs in harsh, remote work locations.
- Vanadium Flow Batteries: Because of their bulky size and low energy volume output these batteries are not the first choice for most BESS applications. A lot of money is being invested to improve the technology because they can be re-charge without an energy source by replace the electrolytes in the system. (when there is not an energy source to charge them.
- Liquid metal batteries: The concept of electrodes and electrolytes are used here. The main principle is that of the electrodes being immersed in to the electrolytic solution, and electrolysis takes place. The batteries working on this principle are called the Liquid metal batteries, since the electrodes and electrolyte is mainly of the metal nature. This may be the least expensive ways to save solar energy or excess from the grid but the technology still needs some work.
Where is the battery storage units used?
The main application of BESS is to warehouse electricity for later use. Electricity, once generated needs to be used or stored in batteries. This is an issue with energy sources that rely on sun or wind technologies. It is easy to generate electricity during a sunny day, but that energy needs to be used by the grid as it is generated. With BESS you can store the excess energy created for later use.
Why are the Lithium Storage units beneficial over any other battery storage?
- Low maintenance- If you are looking out for something to be acting as the storage units, you definitely do not want it to be of high maintenance; right? That’s what these batteries are all about. The lithium batteries are of low maintenance that will help the authority or the person fixing it, be very relaxed about the after math.
- The variations of types: The varieties that are available in the Lithium storage units are immense, and can be seen anywhere on our website. The main reason being, these storage units are designed to be the savior of the energy plant or the equipment.
- Cost: The initial cost is pretty high, but then that counts for years of low maintenance; so it’s a win-win situation for both the parties. This too has attracted the customers since ages now!