Looking for a new exciting book to read? How about one that combines a great story with choose-your-own and RPG elements? Intrigued? Then you may want to check out the new gamebook from Tin Man Games — Fighting Fantasy: Blood of the Zombies.
Fighting Fantasy is a popular gamebook series that’s celebrating its 30th anniversary and is partnering with Tin Man Games to bring Blood of the Zombies, a story written by the legendary Ian Livingstone himself, to a whole new generation of fans via iOS and Android devices.
Here’s the game’s description from the App Store:
“Insane megalomaniac Gingrich Yurr is preparing to unleash an army of monstrous zombies upon the world. He must be stopped and his undead horde defeated. In this life-or-death adventure the decisions YOU make will decide the fate of the world. Can YOU survive or will YOU become a zombie too?
“Blood of the Zombies is a digital Fighting Fantasy gamebook, an interactive adventure in which YOU are the hero! You can only win through by choosing the correct path, finding equipment, avoiding traps and surviving combat.”
Want more reasons to pick up Blood of the Zombies? Check out these exclusive features:
- All new death endings, written by Ian Livingstone. Not available in the print book!
- Kevin Crossley’s amazing illustrations colorised for the app, making full use of the high-resolution retina displays.
- Alternate artwork to unlock by Fighting Fantasy favourite, Martin McKenna.
- Achievements to find throughout the gamebook with full Game Center connectivity.
- Make the gamebook as easy or hard as you like and even turn on a special cheat mode to read it old-school!
- An animated Greg Staples cover – the zombie comes to life!
The game arrives just in time for Halloween and can be picked up for just $5.99. Be sure to check out other gamebooks from Tin Man Games if you want more of the same.
Excited for Fighting Fantasy: Blood of the Zombies? Will you be getting it for you iOS or Android device? Sound off in the comments below!