A smaller iPhone has always featured a smaller battery and this approach has always remained consistent even after Apple decided to introduce a much larger 4.7-inch iPhone 6. The 5.5-inch has received more love from the company because of the ample amount of space it has inside, but it looks like everything could change with the announcement of the iPhone 8.
Using a completely different approach, rumors have claimed that the 4.7-inch iPhone 8 could feature the same battery capacity as the iPhone 7 Plus, which is 2,900mAh. The iPhone 7 in contrast only features a 1,960mAh battery, which does not deliver as much battery life as users would have been hoping for. Since the new iPhone 8 could deliver as much battery life as the larger iPhone 7 Plus, a new comment from Morgan Stanley analyst through MacRumors claims that people who currently own older iPhones might make the switch if they would end up getting more battery life from the iPhone 8.
“In addition to more modest updates to current iPhone SKUs, we expect Apple to launch a higher priced device with AMOLED display that allows for a curved form factor and longer battery life, wireless charging technology, 3D sensors, and more advanced AI software capabilities. While we see accelerated upgrades for Apple’s highest end users in all regions, our work suggests China users are especially sensitive to new technology and form factor changes.”
Since the newer iPhone is also said to adopt the brand new OLED displays, that plus the energy efficient hardware will make the upcoming device even more battery life friendly than its predecessors, giving consumers more than a few steps of encouragement to make the upgrade. All iPhone 8 models have also been rumored to come with wireless charging support, making it one of the most feature-filled iPhones we have seen in a long time.
- Facebook is turning out to be very unsafe for data sharing: Cambridge Analytica data breach adds fire
- Why Google renamed its Android Wear platform to Wear OS
- Rainforest Connection is using Google’s TensorFlow to curb illegal deforestation
- Buy an iPad for less than $260: Apple’s take on education
- iPhone SE X leaks: Could this be the new compact phone?
- Apple has finally begun working on its own displays (MicroLED)
- Laxmicoin, the India based cryptocurrency, might be worth looking into
- How to Earn Money Online Straight from Your Smartphone
- MacBooks will feature touch based keyboards in the future
- In-display fingerprint scanner: Is it a thing yet ?