Python is a high-level, interpreted, object-oriented programming language that is used for a variety of applications like game development, web development, statistical analysis, data science, and much more. The English-like syntax makes it extremely easy to learn and is preferred by beginners. The data structure is user-friendly which makes it a preferred choice among beginners and freshers. Python has extensible library support like NumPy, Pandas, etc. for a lot of applications. Python is portable, that is, it is flexible with the operating system and can be used on Raspberry Pi, Mac OS, Linux, Windows, etc.
Some of the key applications of Python are listed down below:
- GUI based desktop applications
- Language development
- Web development
- Language development
- Enterprise and business applications
- Operating systems
- Machine Learning
- Data Science
Some of the unique features of Python that make it stand out are discussed below:
- Increased speed and productivity: The development time in Python is significantly reduced as compared with other high-level programming languages since the syntax is easy which allows the programmer to focus on the logical building. Enhancing and testing the code is much easier in Python. The simplicity of this language leads to the low maintenance costs of the application which is a huge benefit. Python is a dynamically typed language. You need not specify the data types based on values assigned, it automatically takes the required data type. This further enhances the speed and productivity of the programmer.
- Open-source with a vibrant community: Python is an open-source programming language that makes learning hassle-free. Python has a huge community of IT experts and professionals and from various fields who provide guidance and motivation in your journey. If you are stuck anywhere in your learning process, you can post your doubts and queries in the forum and you can get a response within a few hours as the community is very active. They also provide information about the new updates and changes in the language.
- Library support: Python offers library support for many applications in protocols, web development, web service tools, operating system interfaces, and the internet. Python has several libraries for machine learning and data science. Python libraries are a reusable chunk of codes that you can use for multiple applications. It is a collection of syntax, token, and semantics of Python and handles functionality like I/O and other core modules. Some of the common libraries are as listed:
- Beautiful Soup
- Integration feature: Python allows cross-platform
development as it can be integrated with other programming languages like C,
C++, and Java. This provides excellent control capabilities. Python is
extensible, that is, you can compile your code in C or C++ and use it in your Python
program. Therefore, Python allows cross-platform development and you can
incorporate the functionalities of other programming languages in your Python
We discussed why Python is preferred and these features make it a desired skill for recruitment. To confirm the credibility of your knowledge and skills, certification is the best way. If you want to start a career in Python or upskill your profile, you must consider pursuing Python training. Here we discuss some points why Python certification is worth getting:
- Helps you stand out: Having training that your competitors don’t have, provides a competitive advantage. Certification differentiates you from other counterpart professionals. It is considered as the first step for the screening of the candidates. It shows your effort to dive into the technology before actually getting into the position. A certification develops confidence and provides you some hands-on experience on the projects. This helps you gain the confidence of the recruiter and yourself.
- Increased salary: The time and effort you put in to gain a certification make you superior to the non-certified competitors and as such, you are likely to get a hike in your compensation of 20% or more. Many clients demand certified professionals for their projects, so in turn the companies also encourage their employees to get the certification. They are considered an asset to the company.
- Networking opportunities: You join a group of certified and skilled professionals once you receive your certification. These people can peer support, help each other with doubts and queries in the learning process and can provide guidance to land a job. They share job opportunities and referrals that can lead you to your desired career. You can share your own problems and challenges that you face in your journey and these professionals will help you out.
- Expand knowledge and skills: You learn about recent industry trends and if you are very fluent with your concepts and knowledge, you can even dive into the potential developments in the technology. The versatility and compatibility with almost all recent technologies allow you to explore a variety of fields as well as opportunities. The advanced training, knowledge, and information that you gain from your training can provide you up-to-date tools and technologies that will guide you in your project and allow you to manage the tasks more effectively.
- Professional credibility: A certification from an accredited training institute or a recognized academic organization helps you gain professional credibility. Certification demonstrates your dedication towards enhancing your professionalism and continued learning. This can boost your prestige within your network, with your clients, or even if you want to transition into or explore new opportunities.
Python is a preferred programming language for fields like data analysis, machine learning, and data visualization. So, if you are looking forward to work in the data science field, your first step should be to get a Python certification. You need to enrol in an institute like KnowledgeHut where experienced professionals teach the course. They have real-world experience working in Python and can help you get a thorough knowledge of the programming language. Lastly, you should focus on practicing. No matter how good the course is, if you don’t practice on your own, you won’t be able to get the complete benefit of your investment.