Initially, it was believed that Apple Watch 2 would be making an entry when iPhone SE and the 9.7-inch iPad Pro was announced earlier this year. However, there was no mention of the wearable other than the fact that Apple Watch models were going to receive a $100 discount in order to bolster sales. Fast forward to 2016, a report from 9to5mac states that Apple’s supply chains said that the announcement of Apple Watch 2 could be alongside iPhone 7, suggesting that both devices could be unveiled during the month of September.
While there are no hardware specification leaks of Apple Watch 2, rumor has it that the wearable is going to be slightly thinner than its predecessor, which will obviously lead to less battery timing. However, since most of the changes are expected to take place from the inside, Apple Watch 2 could feature a better processor coupled with more storage to allow users to gain more traction, usability and the much needed battery life. With watchOS 3 already announced during WWDC 2016, a hefty amount of optimizations will be added to the upcoming wearable too.
Apple Watch 2 will probably retain the 38mm and 42mm dimensions and another rumor crawling about suggests that the product will have its own cellular modem. The idea of having a cellular modem would be to reduce the dependency on your iPhones. However, Apple will certainly not go through with it because it will consume more battery life and Apple will definitely want its Apple Watch 2 to be connected to your iPhone otherwise it would defeat the purpose of having a phone in the first place.
If the supply chain has stated that the wearable could be announced during the iPhone 7 announcement, then we have two devices on our hands that we’ll be looking forward to when the time comes.
- iPhone SE X leaks: Could this be the new compact phone?
- Apple has finally begun working on its own displays (MicroLED)
- Laxmicoin, the India based cryptocurrency, might be worth looking into
- How to Earn Money Online Straight from Your Smartphone
- MacBooks will feature touch based keyboards in the future
- In-display fingerprint scanner: Is it a thing yet ?
- iPhones will be vacuum sealed for additional waterproofing in the future
- Should you buy the Samsung Galaxy S9?
- Apple will release cheaper, improved MacBook Airs this year
- macOS 10.14: Improved Siri, Continuity, and inclusion of iOS apps