It has been said many times that, “The best camera is the one that’s with you.” Assuming that’s true, which smartphone camera should carry? The easy answer, the boring answer which is true year after — yes, the iPhone is still the best smartphone camera.
Anick Jesdanun of Associated Press fame is a fully competent reviewer and she’s published her take on the best smartphone camera story. Like the majority of her peers, her conclusion is that Apple both loves photography and truly gets how photography works (see time lapse video below).
“Last year, I declared the iPhone 5s to be the best camera phone overall,” writes Jesdanun. “This year’s 6 and 6 Plus models are even better, particularly with faster and more accurate focusing. The iPhone can even make moving toddlers look still and sharp.”
If you’re going to carry a camera, the best smartphone camera needs to stop fact moving children and pets in their tracks will preserving details and context. While is easy to tritely mention such talking points, Jesdanun says she took more than 10,000 photos with 2014’s crop of picture phones in her quest to name the best smartphone camera.
“Of course, a phone is never going to replace a full-bodied, single-lens reflex camera, otherwise known as an SLR,” she continues. “But many smartphones now match and even outperform point-and-shoot cameras. You’ll get good pictures with any high-end phone, including LG’s G3 and Google’s Nexus 6, but a few phones go beyond just good.”
While the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus top her best smartphone camera list, honorable mentions go to the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Microsoft Lumia Icon.
So, what’s in your pocket? An ever trusty iPhone or something else? What is best the smartphone camera?
Inquiring minds want to know…
- Facebook is turning out to be very unsafe for data sharing: Cambridge Analytica data breach adds fire
- Why Google renamed its Android Wear platform to Wear OS
- Rainforest Connection is using Google’s TensorFlow to curb illegal deforestation
- Buy an iPad for less than $260: Apple’s take on education
- iPhone SE X leaks: Could this be the new compact phone?
- Apple has finally begun working on its own displays (MicroLED)
- Laxmicoin, the India based cryptocurrency, might be worth looking into
- How to Earn Money Online Straight from Your Smartphone
- MacBooks will feature touch based keyboards in the future
- In-display fingerprint scanner: Is it a thing yet ?