Samsung’s 2014 smartphone sales and profits have been poor. And, now, the company’s biggest competitor is making a tablet-sized phone, the one market where the Korea consumer electronics had an absolute advantage. No more, because it’s Samsung vs iPhone 6 Plus and Apple’s winning.
Just dimwit blogger speculation? Nope, we know Samsung is running scared because their hometown newspaper, The Korea Times, tells us so.
Top management at Samsung Electronics is unhappy to see what’s happening with the sale of Apple’s two new iPhones — the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus — as consumer reaction has been tremendous.
Needless to say, Apple and its CEO, who isn’t tech legend Steve Jobs, are on a roll.
“Sales for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus exceeded our expectations for the launch weekend, and we couldn’t be happier,” said Apple CEO Tim Cook. “We would like to thank all of our customers for making this our best launch ever, shattering all previous sell-through records by a large margin. While our team managed the manufacturing ramp better than ever before, we could have sold many more iPhones with greater supply and we are working hard to fill orders as quickly as possible.”
Although not being able to meet demand means Apple is leaving money on the table, the company is nevertheless firing on all cylinders — they can sell every iPhone 6 Plus they can make!
Samsung vs iPhone 6 Plus: Response
“The positive reaction from consumers to those two Apple devices prompted us to launch the Note 4 earlier than previously scheduled. Samsung will be aggressive in promoting the Note 4 as it’s true that we are being challenged and pressured amid a difficult situation,” says an unnamed Samsung marketing official.
Further, the company plans to ramp up its already aggressive marketing and match that with channel stuffing.
“Samsung aims to ship 15 million Note 4s in the first 30 days after the product launches, which is very ambitious given the challenging situation,” said another anonymous Samsung talking head.
So, look for the Galaxy Note 4 on or about Friday, September 26 paired with some seriously obnoxious marketing.
Who do you favor in the Samsung vs iPhone 6 battle royale?
Via: 9 to 5 Mac
- iPhone SE X leaks: Could this be the new compact phone?
- Apple has finally begun working on its own displays (MicroLED)
- Laxmicoin, the India based cryptocurrency, might be worth looking into
- How to Earn Money Online Straight from Your Smartphone
- MacBooks will feature touch based keyboards in the future
- In-display fingerprint scanner: Is it a thing yet ?
- iPhones will be vacuum sealed for additional waterproofing in the future
- Should you buy the Samsung Galaxy S9?
- Apple will release cheaper, improved MacBook Airs this year
- macOS 10.14: Improved Siri, Continuity, and inclusion of iOS apps