If you run, drive, catch a plane, or preferably just randomly materialize into a T-Mobile store near you, RIGHT NOW, you might be able to catch a fleeting glimpse of the Nexus 4 before it goes out of stock again. If you’re like…Harry Potter or something… you might even be able to buy one. Gasp.
That’s right, if you’re really fast (read: LUCKY) you can grab up a brand new, super-shiny Nexus 4 for $199 on contract. Right from the beginning, the Nexus 4 has been excruciatingly difficult to purchase. You can blame Google, or LG, but at the end of the day it doesn’t really matter because you are probably too busy sprinting to the T-Mobile store.
The Nexus 4 launched in late 2012 on the Google Play store and sold out like 5 minutes later. T-Mobile, who has started selling the highly elusive gizmo in their retail stores just last week, has been one of the first places the Nexus 4 has reappeared.
The thing that made the Nexus 4 so insanely successful initially, was the lack of contract that came with the reasonably priced phone. Yeah, $349 is a little more than you paid for that iPhone, but I am willing to bet that it probably sucked away 2 years worth of your soul via your carrier contract. Google was smart in doing away with all of that, but somehow, at the same time, underestimated their own success and failed to be able to keep up with the ever growing demand.
Of course, if you are cool with locking yourself away and being cellular-ly monogamous for the next two-years, then you can purchase the Nexus 4 via T-Mobile’s website. If not, keep on creeping on Google Play’s website, they probably don’t mind. It has to come back in stock soon, right? RIGHT?
Are you holding out for the Nexus 4 from Google Play, or have you already purchased one via a mobile carrier under contract? Let us know in the comments below!
- Facebook is turning out to be very unsafe for data sharing: Cambridge Analytica data breach adds fire
- Why Google renamed its Android Wear platform to Wear OS
- Rainforest Connection is using Google’s TensorFlow to curb illegal deforestation
- Buy an iPad for less than $260: Apple’s take on education
- iPhone SE X leaks: Could this be the new compact phone?
- Apple has finally begun working on its own displays (MicroLED)
- Laxmicoin, the India based cryptocurrency, might be worth looking into
- How to Earn Money Online Straight from Your Smartphone
- MacBooks will feature touch based keyboards in the future
- In-display fingerprint scanner: Is it a thing yet ?