Casinos regularly employ a variety of strategies to attract players or customers. Of course, they have to get more players as more players mean more revenue for them. They also target mobile online gamers. You may not realize it but it’s likely that you have already been exposed to many of the tactics used by casinos to attract players. The following are some of the most common examples.
- Bonus Codes. This is one of the most popular ways online casinos are using to bring in customers. They spread bonus codes or coupons across various channels, including social media. You may have encountered the code “MAXCODE” that leads you to go to Borgata Casino, for example. Bonus codes can get you a deposit match bonus (bonus equivalent to a certain percentage of deposit you make), a welcome bonus in the form of free credits, or free spins. These bonus codes are usually used when you make a deposit into the account of a casino.
- Mobile-Friendly Casinos. Online casinos understand how big the online gaming industry is and they know they can tap into the many enthusiastic gamblers who play through their mobile devices. That’s why they make sure their online casinos have mobile versions or are using responsive web design. The games are designed to be compatible with mobile playing. Some casinos may have their own mobile apps but many tend to focus on browser-based or web-based playing, since players no longer have to install anything so they can quickly proceed to playing through their mobile browsers.
- Deposit Bonuses. These are related to bonus codes but are slightly different. Bonus codes are broader as they can get you the opportunity to get a deposit bonus or other types of bonuses. Deposit bonuses, on the other hand, are specifically granted when you make a deposit. Also known as match bonuses, they are usually stated in percentages. For example, a casino may offer 100% match deposit bonus, which means you get a 100 bonus if you deposit 100.
- VIP Programs. Another way casinos attract players is through their VIP programs or rewards systems. These programs let players win prizes or accumulate points that can be redeemed for cash or casino credits.
- Affiliate Marketing or Referral Programs. Moreover, casinos also make use of affiliate marketing to entice players on social media, forums, blogs, or even the comments sections of websites. Affiliate marketing programs offer shares of the revenue a casino makes from a specific player referred by another player.
If you encounter these tactics that lure you to sign up at an online casino, be sure to carefully examine your options first. Don’t quickly register upon seeing something tempting like a “200% match bonus” or “free credits”. Be sure to read the terms first and make comparisons with what other online casinos are offering.