Social video chat has officially gone live across every major platform as ooVoo has confirmed the availability of its free video chat service on the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. ‘ooVoo’ offers free video calling to any computer, Android phone, and iOS device. The iOS app also sports text messaging capabilities and includes support for up to three people in a single audio or video call. Any computer with an internet browser can receive chat requests, and the ‘ooVoo’ app supports 3G connectivity for video chats on the go.
The free version includes plenty of desirable features, and it further points out how far Apple’s FaceTime is falling behind with calling exclusive to WiFi connections and the inability to make calls to anything but an iOS or Mac device. While some users will opt for ‘Tango’, ‘Skype’, or ‘Fring’, the advanced feature set of ooVoo’s mobile app is certainly worth a look — and perhaps a download — if it meets your needs.
On the other hand, the paid version is advertisement free with a $9.99/month subscription fee. You can get more talk time, call recording, and other expanded features for $29.99 a month. ooVoo also offers some enhanced paid plans that include calls to landlines up to 500 minutes a month and up to 6 people on video or audio calls. You can get plan details on ooVoo’s official website.
- iPhone SE X leaks: Could this be the new compact phone?
- Apple has finally begun working on its own displays (MicroLED)
- Laxmicoin, the India based cryptocurrency, might be worth looking into
- How to Earn Money Online Straight from Your Smartphone
- MacBooks will feature touch based keyboards in the future
- In-display fingerprint scanner: Is it a thing yet ?
- iPhones will be vacuum sealed for additional waterproofing in the future
- Should you buy the Samsung Galaxy S9?
- Apple will release cheaper, improved MacBook Airs this year
- macOS 10.14: Improved Siri, Continuity, and inclusion of iOS apps