Humankind is in a precarious stage of its worldly existence. The rapid environmental decadence has caused enough problems to the human race and its future generations’ survival. While sustainability was a hot topic in the global discourse, humanity suffered a massive setback from the COVID-19 pandemic. While the pandemic had been claiming lives and major and minor industries and economies around the world have been reeling from its impacts, the only silver lining was the aggressive medical and associated technological development.
Although the medical research and technological interventions fast-forwarded vaccines’ innovation from several developed and developing nations, the second wave of the pandemic and evidence of the mutated viral strain is causing furrowed brows across the world. At this moment, rapid medical innovation is the only way that humanity can imagine to combat the virus and successfully eradicate it.
Importance of data storage and capture in the medical field:
For everyone who was waiting with bated breath for the COVID-19 vaccine they must be aware of the massive global clinical trials that were being conducted as part of the vaccine development program. We live in an era of big data, and thus every data regarding such extensive clinical trials are of paramount importance. The medical data is instrumental in the outcome of the vaccine development program. Apart from this specific vaccine development program, clinical trial data plays a hugely important role in every other medical intervention that is targeted for the benefit of the human race.
Common challenges that exist around clinical data storage and capture:
The rapid development of medical science has caused a lot of medical technologies to become redundant or lose their efficiency. The Electronic Data Capture or EDC is one of them. According to most medical professionals and pioneers, and visionaries of the medical field, EDC is not sufficient for data capture and storage.
● Nowadays, clinical trials are incorporating more virtual components than before. Also, clinical trials are becoming more and more decentralized with passing days.
● Traditional EDC systems depend on capturing data from forms.
● Patient data from the clinical trials are flowing rapidly and from a barrage of sources. These are not just limited to forms, and the sources of data include astonishing stuff like wearables and the ambient environment.
How to combat these challenges?
Oracle Health Sciences has always been a pioneer in medical technology. An apt term would be eClinical technology, which has seen Oracle Health Sciences emerge as the industry leader for quite some time. Since clinical data from trial programs are flowing at a blitzkrieg pace from a flurry of sources, Oracle Health Sciences has put the best foot forward and devised the Clinical One.
The introduction of Oracle Clinical One– a data collection cloud service-will eradicate the uphill challenges that exist around clinical data collection and capture. The Clinical One Data Collection Cloud Service is going to address the existing challenges and capture data from a myriad of sources. Furthermore, it will store the captured data from any source into a single, unified platform.
The result? More streamlined data collection and storage that impacts the entire medical research community and, in turn, proves beneficial to all of humankind. Technological interventions supporting clinical research are not something new. But with the innovation of the Clinical One, technological support of clinical data capture and storage has been impeccable. It also promises to be a game-changer in the clinical research field by-
● Improving diagnostics
● Improving the efficiency of data collection and capture
● Improving the speed of breakthrough medical therapies
● Improving the efficiency of medical therapies and interventions.
Benefits of the Oracle Clinical One and its upsides compared to other medical technologies:
According to the important personnel of Oracle Health Sciences, who tackle data management and related technologies, the Clinical One has been a massively disruptive technology and is creating ripples in the sector. Some of the most common benefits include the following.
● The Oracle Clinical One has been used for stand-alone randomization and trial supply management. Now, this clinical technology is being used for data collection because it is tremendously user-friendly.
● The Clinical One Data Collection Cloud Service is easily configurable. Therefore it caters to the requirements of all kinds of clinical trial types- starting from the more straightforward phases to the complex Phase II, III, and IV trials. It is already being employed in the COVID-19 treatments and vaccination trials.
● Moreover, the Clinical One is instrumental in paving the way for efficient database build and database lock timelines. Both these procedures are critical to clinical trials.
● Complete data study of clinical trials can be accomplished within a matter of weeks instead of the usual lengthy timelines like months and years. On the other hand, mid-level data study and post-production changes can be achieved in real-time. This helps avoid a lengthy migration process.
● According to Gartner’s market research report, the current rate and the spike of clinical trial costs have become unsustainable. The Clinical One is a significant improvement in the eClinical technology that aims to reduce data trial costs. It is not only simpler and cost-effective but also meets the needs of decentralized clinical trials.
● The Clinical One collects data from various sources, including, but not limited to, electronic health records, forms, patient apps, wearable sensors, labs, etc., and streamlines all the data collection processes. The Clinical One is also responsible for harmonizing the data collection and placing it on a single platform.
● The comprehensive data provides the medical study teams with a complete picture of the patient experience. Thus, it actually helps them make better medical decisions.
● The Clinical One also enhances the safety and efficacy of the diagnostic and investigative services.
● The Clinical One also boasts a single platform, and hence medical sites can collect patient data and dispense drugs from one system.
With the rapid evolution of Clinical One as one of the leading eClinical technologies, patients worldwide will benefit greatly. Humanity is witnessing a silver lining in this great innovation.