Star Wars is one of the biggest movie franchise ever; the fan base is huge. With a spin-off scheduled for December, a Japanese mobile carrier, is trying to capture the fans.
The carrier, SoftBank, has released two Android smartphones – Dark Side Edition and Light Side Edition. Choose your side. If you’re a Star Wars fan, this is a pretty good pick.
The phones are made by Sharp, the company which made the almost bezel less phone – the Sharp Aquas. How the phones perform is a question, however, here are the specs:
- 5.3-inch 1080p IGZO display
- Snapdragon 820 processor
- 22.6-megapixel camera
- 3,000mAh battery
- 3GB of RAM
- 32GB of storage
- 7.6mm in terms of thickness, and it weighs 155 grams
The phone also comes with an inbuilt TV tuner and an expandable micro-SD slot. The specs sound pretty good but it’s not just about the specs, is it?! A 22.6 megapixel camera doesn’t means great pics, better than the iPhone 7, the Google Pixel or the Samsung Galaxy S7. For example, the Nokia’s 40 megapixel camera phone took pics which had high quality in terms of pixels but the overall picture quality was unsatisfactory.
The phone goes on sale in Japan on December 2nd. Planning on shifting to Japan? Makes sense, don’t worry about others will say (lol).
The Star Wars stuff that come with the phone:
- Live wallpapers that make the home screen and the lock screen look like a fighter plane cockpit
- Heavy Android 6.0 Marshmallow skin in both the light and dark phones
- Five exclusive figures made up of metal from Rogue One in the box
- A Star Wars video player that lets you watch Star Wars : The Force Awakens for four years, that’s 2020
- A Star Wars: Force Collection card game (hmm… interesting)
- A Star Wars themed alarm clock
- Star Wars emojis
- Star Wars toned ringtones