If you’re a T-Mobile subscriber and want to use an unlocked iPhone 5 without changing carriers, you’re in luck. T-mobile confirmed plans to make an iPhone 5 compatible nano-sim card available by mid-October via its Twitter account today. TmoNews also acquired some internal T-Mobile documentation basically confirming the iPhone 5 their reason for doing it , stating –
“Yes the only phone that currently uses a nano-SIM card is the Apple iPhone 5. No T-Mobile devices require this sim card”
This certainly speaks to the iPhone 5 popularity if America’s 4th largest cell phone carrier is willing to support its proprietary nano-SIM form factor and not even carry the device. T-Mobile will also offer its “truly UNLIMITED” plan to unlocked iPhone owners so if you don’t like AT&T keeping you away from your precious gigabytes you can make the switch.
Its worth noting that T-Mobile’s 3g and 4g networks aren’t compatible with the iPhone 5, so you’d be using it on 2g (edge) only. T-Mobile does have several Iphone compatible HSPA+ networks available in a handful of US cities with plans to expand to more by the end of the year.
- Facebook is turning out to be very unsafe for data sharing: Cambridge Analytica data breach adds fire
- Why Google renamed its Android Wear platform to Wear OS
- Rainforest Connection is using Google’s TensorFlow to curb illegal deforestation
- Buy an iPad for less than $260: Apple’s take on education
- iPhone SE X leaks: Could this be the new compact phone?
- Apple has finally begun working on its own displays (MicroLED)
- Laxmicoin, the India based cryptocurrency, might be worth looking into
- How to Earn Money Online Straight from Your Smartphone
- MacBooks will feature touch based keyboards in the future
- In-display fingerprint scanner: Is it a thing yet ?