The developers behind the popular social networking app TweetDeck have released a major update to their iPhone App. While some of the changes may look familiar, that’s because they’ve been available in the TweetDeck Android app for a while.
TweetDeck 2.0 for iPhone has been redesigned using the same theme as the company’s Android and Chrome applications, including a dark color scheme and the ability to swipe between columns to view mentions, direct messages, and other details.
The most recent update also adds support for multitasking in iOS 4, and the clean graphics now support Retina displays. Additionally, TweetDeck now supports exclusive gesture based controls. For example, users can pinch a column to access settings or pull down a column to refresh their current page. Such controls are not available on the Android alternative.
You can use TweetDeck to keep up with your contacts on Twitter, Facebook, Google Buzz, and Foursquare.
If you already have a TweetDeck account, you can install the new iPhone app and login to access your saved settings. You can also use the app without logging into a TweetDeck account simply by adding Twitter, Facebook, or other social networking profiles manually.
The entire changelog is as follows:
- All major Twitter features are supported: Sending updates, retweeting (native and old-style), favourites, mentions, direct messages and searching
- Posting to multiple Twitter accounts is a breeze
- Facebook status updates, notifications, wall posts, Likes and comments are all at your fingertips
- Configurable, combined Home, Me and Inbox columns are standard, bringing all your feeds and notifications together
- Fully flexible custom columns allow the combination of any number of different feeds, from all services and all accounts. You decide what you want to see, just pinch a column and start configuring.
- Innovative navigation of Twitter profiles helps you discover new feeds that can all be added as columns at the touch of a button
- See the conversation in context with tweets above and below in detail view.
- Easily send long posts thanks to full Deck.ly support
- Clean & clear compose window features image uploading, geo-tagging and username autocomplete for @mentions. Press and hold a link to auto-shorten using j.mp
- Login with your TweetDeck account to speed through the setup process, or just provide a Twitter or Facebook account and get started.
- Jump to the top of a column with a quick tap of the iPhone status bar.
TweetDeck 2.0 for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch is available for free on the App Store.