Once upon a time, all phones could do was let you talk to someone else over a long distance. Voice only. Truly, it was a dark time.
The future is here, thank goodness, and it’s a bright, animated, selfie-friendly future!
As if smartphones weren’t already incredible devices, putting email, texts, the web, a camera, and countless other applications in the palm of your hand, there’s actually more to them than you realize. You just wouldn’t know about so many of the things they can do. And they’re gaining more and more functions all the time. So here’s an attempt to catch you up!
SHARE this with all of your iPhone-using friends!
Apple dominates the smartphone market for a reason.
- Apple dominates the smartphone market for a reason.
- 1. See every photo you’ve been texted, and that you have texted others.
- 2. Reply to texts without unlocking your phone.
- 3. Send audio and video messages that delete themselves.
- 4. See which apps drain the battery most.
- 5. Make your battery last longer with Low Power Mode.
- 6. Launch a music app by plugging in your headphones.
- 7. Change how Siri pronounces names.
The iPhone is so much more than just a phone. It’s a handful of potential, with more getting unleashedwith every update.
Check out all the amazing things your iPhone can do!
1. See every photo you’ve been texted, and that you have texted others.
In fact, you can see all the attachments by tapping Details on the conversation you’re in.
2. Reply to texts without unlocking your phone.
When a text comes in, just pull down on the notification drawer and swipe left on the text. Tap on the “Reply” option to type your response without unlocking your phone.
3. Send audio and video messages that delete themselves.
Just like Mission: Impossible, you can send a message that self-destructs. Go to Settings > Messages and tap Expire under Audio or Video Messages and select After 2 Minutes.
4. See which apps drain the battery most.
Go to the Settings menu and go to General > Usage > Battery Usage to see which apps you need to shut down to save power, and to see how much each app has drained the battery over the past week. And oniOS 9 you can even see which apps drain power more when the screen is off than when it’s on.
And yes, there’s a way to make your battery last longer…
5. Make your battery last longer with Low Power Mode.
If your battery is running low and you can’t charge it up, extend its life by using less power. In iOS 9, under Settings > Battery, turn on Low Power Mode to disable battery-draining features like mail and app refreshing, brightness, animated backgrounds, and motion effects.
6. Launch a music app by plugging in your headphones.
Those earbuds have more functions than you would think, and they can turn on your music player too. Once again in iOS 9, if you listen to music at around the same time every day — maybe on the bus to work or school — your phone will recognize what’s happening as soon as you plug in your headphones and launch the app.
via Ariel Zambelich / Wired
7. Change how Siri pronounces names.
When Siri doesn’t pronounce a name right, just say “That’s not how you say that.” Siri will ask you how you pronounce it. When you say the name, Siri will offer three choices. Tap each sample to listen to it, then tap Select to choose the closest pronunciation.
Please go to next page for more!