Developed by Siddharth Upendra Kumar Rai, Hoopla Gems for iOS is a unique take on the match-2 puzzle genre. With irregular square-based shapes reminiscent of the old arcade favourite Tetris, Hoopla Gems introduces an original style of puzzle play.
In Hoopla Gems, coloured shapes are “tied” or connected to the shapes above them. By selecting the corresponding colour to the blocks you can make the blocks disappear. Once you’ve done that, any blocks that they were supporting will also fall. The more blocks you clear the more points you can accumulate. A short tutorial guides you through the gameplay, hosted by two characters – Hoopla & Poopla.
Blocks are added to the screen after each move, and stack up in a Tetris-style fashion. You’ll see a space at the top of the playing field labeled ‘Next’ which tells you what colour block is about to come up to help you plan your moves.
There are 20 levels in all, with three “missions” per level. You can pause the game and check out the missions at any time. Missions include reaching certain score targets, using power-ups or taking out a given number of shapes in one move.
In app purchases are available to buy extra powerups for use within Hoopla Gems but the game is a free download.
Hoopla Gems requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5. Follow Tapscape for the latest iPhone game reviews.
- Buy an iPad for less than $260: Apple’s take on education
- iPhone SE X leaks: Could this be the new compact phone?
- Apple has finally begun working on its own displays (MicroLED)
- Laxmicoin, the India based cryptocurrency, might be worth looking into
- How to Earn Money Online Straight from Your Smartphone
- MacBooks will feature touch based keyboards in the future
- In-display fingerprint scanner: Is it a thing yet ?
- iPhones will be vacuum sealed for additional waterproofing in the future
- Should you buy the Samsung Galaxy S9?
- Apple will release cheaper, improved MacBook Airs this year