Email marketing is one of the best and effective marketing channels. Yes, marketing through email is also one of oldest forms of direct customer advertisement in the digital world. Some people ask, Is Email marketing dead in 2021. The answer is No. Email Marketing is not dead, even email marketing is far from dead. Email users are increasing day by day, so email marketing will be in demand.
Almost every brand or company uses it like Amazon, Flipkart etc.
Email marketing is a great way to reach your customers in real time and build trust and relationships with them. In this article we will talk about Email Marketing in detail. So if you are interested in knowing if email marketing is actually dead or what is the Future of Email Marketing then let’s dive into it.
What is email marketing?
- What is email marketing?
- Why is Email Marketing Important for Businesses?
- Is Email Marketing Dead?
- What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of email marketing?
Email Marketing is a simple yet effective way to send promotional messages to your prospects or clients. You can send one on one personalized emails or mass emails with tools, and we also provide a one stop solution for all your marketing needs, with us EmailChecks.io, you will get the best email marketing services.
Email Marketing is a very good digital media channel, it is very helpful for converting prospects into paying clients.
Why is Email Marketing Important for Businesses?
Email marketing is one of the best ways to communicate with your prospects or clients effectively. It will help you to get your customers’ attention and develop a good relationship with them.
Many customers are interested in receiving emails from their favorite brands as they provide them coupons and other exciting offers etc. Also, some brands keep their customers involved by providing them some sort of value.
Some people or businesses are bombarded with emails in their customer’s inbox that is not a good strategy. However, if you provide your customers or prospects value then this will convert your prospects into paying clients, we can help you with a great Email Marketing Strategy. (Valid Email Checkers)
Reaches Mobile Consumers:
Nowadays, most people use mobile phones for almost everything they buy.
Studies show that 50% of the user’s access emails from their mobile phone.
There is another option to reach mobile consumers we all know of, called text messages (SMS) but this is more costly than email marketing. In emails you can share information very effectively, but you can’t do this in SMS.
Email marketing has many reasons to use it, such as easy, cost effective, which means small business owners can reach thousands of potential customers in a very low budget.
This is better than traditional marketing like TV, direct mail, or radio.
Return On Investment:
In terms of ROI, Email marketing is great. In email marketing, on average we can expect $42 in revenue for every $1 spent, which means 4200% Return on Investment.
Is Email Marketing Dead?
No, Email Marketing is not dead. Even the demand and scope of email marketing gradually increased in the past few years.
Almost every brand or company like Amazon, Flipkart etc. Uses email marketing for promoting their products and services.
There is no way of saying that email marketing is dead, even email marketing is one of the best and effective ways to promote and build relationships with your prospects or clients.
In this digital era almost, everyone has a smartphone and has at least one email account which they use. And Billions of users are using emails for many purposes. In fact, the number of email users are increasing every day. So, there is no reason to say that email marketing is dead.
As we know that the numbers don’t lie, so you can see that, in 2017 there were 3718 million active users, and in 2021 they have increased to 4147 million in just 4 years. And experts say that they will grow to 4481 million by the year 2024.
And this is not the number that is increasing, people are actively checking their emails every day, some of them check 20 times a day.
Some businesses are relying on email marketing and most of the revenue comes from email marketing.
What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of email marketing?
Advantages of Email Marketing:
1. Cost effective – Email marketing is very cost effective than other marketing channels. There are many tools that provide free email marketing services, so individuals and small business owners can try this.
2. Speed – one of the best features of email marketing is, it is very less time consuming. It takes less time to create a newsletter rather than creating a campaign for traditional media. If you are new to the marketing world even, then you can make good email newsletters with the help of templates.
3. Real time marketing – In email marketing you can connect your customers in real time. With automated triggers, such as recent purchases, website activity. You can reach your customers at the right time with the right offer.
4. Personalization and segmentation – In email marketing you can personalize your messages, and segment your customers lists, so that your customers will receive the right messages from you that give value to them. It will boost their engagement with you.
5. Scalable – Email marketing can be used to serve larger audiences or smaller audiences as per your need or budget.
6. Easy to track and measure – with email marketing platforms, you can track the campaign, from how many people open, how many clicks, who didn’t open the email etc. This makes email marketing very easy and effective.
7. A/B testing – A/B testing is very helpful, in this testing we check subject lines, email copy, calls-to-action, images to ensure your email content is as effective as it can be before you send it. And you can split your database into 2 lists and send each list to a different email and study the click through rate and open rate, you will get an idea of what is performing well. It is also called split testing.
Disadvantages of Email Marketing:
1. Spam – The biggest problem most new people do is, they start selling things in their emails, your prospect will be irritated if you always sell something in emails, instead provide them value and first target your audience, meaning what you want to sell or inform them about. Also make sure that your emails comply with privacy and data protection rules. Otherwise, your emails will land in your customers spam folder.
2. Design issues – In different screen sizes and other design factors may affect your email design. Make sure to test your email across multiple devices, before sending it to your customers.
3. Size issues – In emails there are many images and files so this must be small to download quickly.
4. Resources and skills – for running a successful email marketing campaign you need to have the right copy, design, and marketing list. If you don’t have the time or skills, then you can outsource some elements. (Or we can help you)
Our motive in this article is to tell you the potential of email marketing and answer the questions “is email marketing dead in 2021”, the answer is “No”, and it will Not.