Apple’s ultraportable hasn’t been physically updated in years and is generally priced above other skinny notebooks. Nevertheless, Apple owns the category. Time for an all new MacBook Air? Oh, bother…
While the timing on internals (aka Intel chips) might be a little off, credible sources say a new MacBook Air in a new 12-inch form factor is coming in the next few months.
In addition to being even thinner and lighter than previous models, new MacBook Airs will lose to points of potential mechanical failure. That is, Apple will remove the cooling fan and mechanical trackpad (ie it won’t physically “click” anymore).
It’s also silent on whether or not this 12-inch Air will have a Retina display. Previously, however, Ming-chi Kuo has said Apple will release a new MacBook Air that features a 12-inch Retina display.
For what it’s worth, noted industry analyst Daniel Matte lays out a convincing argument for the move a 12-inch Retina MBA. Specifically, it’s all about optimizing display sizes within Apple’s supply — Tim Cook’s forte.
Again, it is believed that this new MacBook Air will arrive in the near term, perhaps as late as this year’s Worldwide Developer Conference, which is traditionally held in June.
Apple’s MacBook Pro line will be updated in the traditional September timeframe.
A slightly newer take on this rumor? Read Tapscape’s Retina MacBook Air Coming Second Half of 2014…
- Buy an iPad for less than $260: Apple’s take on education
- iPhone SE X leaks: Could this be the new compact phone?
- Apple has finally begun working on its own displays (MicroLED)
- Laxmicoin, the India based cryptocurrency, might be worth looking into
- How to Earn Money Online Straight from Your Smartphone
- MacBooks will feature touch based keyboards in the future
- In-display fingerprint scanner: Is it a thing yet ?
- iPhones will be vacuum sealed for additional waterproofing in the future
- Should you buy the Samsung Galaxy S9?
- Apple will release cheaper, improved MacBook Airs this year