Price: FREE Score: 8.5/10 Category: Games
Skyrise Runner – Journey Through The Skylands is an iPhone game developed by Movile Internet Movel S.A. Move over, Temple Run…this running game may just become your new favorite runner on the App Store.
You are Ciellu, the last of the Skyrunners, an ancient tribe that protects the Skyland’s Forests. Run as far as you can, turn into a bird and fly above the trees, and find out what happened to your missing friends in this awesome running title.
Okay, Skyrise Runner – Journey Through The Skylands isn’t perfect. One major bummer is the size of your runner on the iPhone’s screen. It likely looks a bit better on the iPhone 5, but on my 4S, the characters were teensy-tiny. See that glorious app icon up at the top of the page? Your running avatar isn’t rendered in quite that level of glorious detail, which is a shame. I wish you could zoom in a bit on both the character and the environment.
Other than that, however, this runner is pretty darn solid. There’s a decent array of powerups and special items to keep things interesting. The controls are nice and responsive, and quite simple to operate. Tap on the lower left corner to jump. Tap twice to double jump. Tap the lower right corner, and you can punch through enemies.
If you need a fresh new runner, definitely give Skyrise Runner – Journey Through The Skylands a try! But older iPhone models are currently having some issues, so caveat emptor. (More info on the issues below.)
Skyrise Runner – Journey Through The Skylands is compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 5.0 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
A note from the development team: “PLEASE NOTE: we’re aware of problems with running Skyrise Runner on iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 3rd gen devices. We’re preparing a fix and will deploy it soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.”
- iPhone SE X leaks: Could this be the new compact phone?
- Apple has finally begun working on its own displays (MicroLED)
- Laxmicoin, the India based cryptocurrency, might be worth looking into
- How to Earn Money Online Straight from Your Smartphone
- MacBooks will feature touch based keyboards in the future
- In-display fingerprint scanner: Is it a thing yet ?
- iPhones will be vacuum sealed for additional waterproofing in the future
- Should you buy the Samsung Galaxy S9?
- Apple will release cheaper, improved MacBook Airs this year
- macOS 10.14: Improved Siri, Continuity, and inclusion of iOS apps