Hackers and IT security professionals are always in search of laptops with some specific properties and smooth functioning. The configuration of a laptop, its cost all should be considered before buying. There is need of better hardware and network cards which can support heavy software tools and can capable of booting dual operating systems as hackers may need to run single or multiple VMs on their laptops. Other features to be considered are better FHD screen and resolution, powerful GPU and CP for coding, and good batter life. So, this article aimed to shortlist some best laptops for hackers:
1. Acer Aspire E5
It is a best budget laptop for hacking and a bit more powerful. It has graphics card and a squad cord process which are the main requirements for fast dictionary attacks. Although, in the laptop market it does not has the fastest CPU and latest GPU but its good for initial learning or password cracking.
- 8GB RAM DDR4
- Core i5 8250U Up to 3.4GHz
- 256GB SSD M.2
- NVIDIA GeForce MX150
- 15” full HD TN Display Anti-Glare
- 5 hours
- No DVD Drive
2. ASUS ROG Strix Scar Edition
It is one of the best laptop computers for hacking as well as considered as the most powerful gaming laptops in the market. It has 32GB RAM, 2x CPU, and RAID SSDs. The cracking would be faster due to its NVIDIA Graphics card and give a desktop level performance to its users.
- 16GB RAM DDR4
- 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD+1TB FireCuda
- Core i7 8750H Up to 4.1GHz
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB vRAM
- 6.5 lbs
- 17” 144Hz full HD IPS
- 1 hours under high load, 5 hours otherwise
3. Alienware Gaming AW17R5-7405SLV-PUS
It is also a popular laptop among hackers and gamers community. It is high-end brand of Dell with powerful and customized processors, motherboards, RAM, and graphic cards. It gives a best viewing experience with its mammoth 17.3 inch display.
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8750H 6-Core
- 8GB 2400MHz DDR4, 1x8GB
- 9MB Cache, up to 3.9GHz w/Turbo Boost
- 1TB [Hybrid] HDD, + 8 GB SSD, No Optical Drive
- 17.3-inch FHD 1920 x 1080, IPS Anti-Glare, 300-nits
- 9.74 Ibs
- Windows 10
4. ASUS VivoBook S
Popular among cyber security professionals, it is a lightweight laptop with a complete portability, durability and power.
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8550U (Turbo up to 4.0GHz)
- 8GB DDR4 RAM and 256GB SSD
- NVIDIA GeForce MX150 graphics 2GB
- Quad-core processor
- 14″ Full HD WideView display
- USB 3.1 Type-C (Gen1), USB 3.0, USB 2.0, HDMI
- Slim 12.8″ wide, 0.7″ thin and portable footprint
- Headphone/mic combo port
- Item weight: 3.2
5. Razer Blade
It is the best hacking laptop due to its perfect integration of portability and performance.
- 7th generation Intel Core i7 CPU
- 0.70” tick, ultra-lightweight (4 lbs)
- Long-lasting aluminum chassis
- 14” Full HD (1920×1080) IPS display
- 16 GB DDR4 RAM
- 7700HQ quad-core processor with 2.8 GHz base frequency
An Author at Tapscape that keeps you updated with the latest Technology news.