E-sports bets are characterized by being one of the most innovative options that exist within the field of online casinos. They differ from other sports options like cricket betting, for example, because you can be one more player and have your own team. This way, you get a certain advantage, unlike betting on sports that you have never practiced in the same area as on the teams bet.
What are e-Sports?
E-sports, also known as online sports or pro gaming, is a form of competition through video games, usually in multiplayer mode, with or without a team, and particularly with professional players who receive sponsorships and awards for their victories.
“The e-Sports betting is the act of betting on these skills usually during events such as tournaments, regional and global championships.”
The most characteristic genres are:
- Real Time Strategy (RTS or strategy in real time).
- First Person Shooter (FPS or first person shooter).
- You fight.
- Multiplayer online gambling Battle Arena (MOBA or multiplayer combat arena).
Although amateur competitions have been around since the arcade era in the 80s, the modern era of e-sports begins in mid-2010 with the rise of MOBA competitions with the games Dota 2, League of Legends, WoW and Counter Strike: Global Offensive(CSGO).
Reputed online casinos to bet on e-Sport
Not all online casinos out there currently accept bets on e-sports. However, it’s all a matter of time! Without a doubt, the ones with the longest history and the most number of competitions they offer, today, are Betway and Bet365, closely followed by Betfair and 888sport.
Betway’s relationship with e-sports is very close and particular. While most online casinos in Europe sponsor soccer teams. Betway is a sponsor of some of the best e-sports teams. As you well know, sponsoring means putting money in and where you put money is what you really trust. Betway does it, and e-sports are not too bad for them!
How to open an account?
You just have to choose the desired online casino (if you don’t have an account yet) and follow the following steps that I indicate below. You can place your first bet on e-Sports in a few minutes:
- Create an account with your personal data. Have your ID at hand, and remember to check the confirmation email.
- Decide if you want to claim a welcome bonus, read the conditions before making a decision.
- Make a minimum deposit using your credit card, PayPal, or any other available and/or accepted methods.
- You can start betting once your deposit has been made. Next, head over to Sports→E-sports Betting. All active and featured events will be listed, starting in the next 24 hours.
The e-Sports you can bet on these days
- League of Legends (LoL).
- Dota 2.
- Counter Strike.
- Starcraft II.
- Rocket League.
- Heroes of the Storm.
- Call of Duty.
- World of Tanks.
Around 400 million people watched e-sports in 2019. It is estimated that the market will grow to exceed 500 million viewers in 2020. League of Legends holds the record for most viewers at its World Championship with 36 million viewers in 2015, being the most popular. To this day, online casinos in Qatar, and not only, continue to create offers for more tournaments.
Much of this growth is due to the live streaming platform Twitch.tv, a subsidiary of Amazon that gives access to all kinds of live broadcasts, e-sports being extremely popular. It is one of the favorite channels to view the different types of e-sports tournaments.
The countries in which e-sports has developed in an organized and massive way are few, but mainly South Korea leads the number of pro gamers (professional players) since 2000 and is perhaps the country with the largest number of professionals who dominate this kind of competition. Besides Europe, sports betting is also popular in the USA and China. Japan is one of the countries that has lagged behind despite having one of the strongest video game industries, as national laws prohibit all types of bets or payments to professional players.
As a curious fact, the great soccer teams have bought e-sports teams to have a presence in this industry. West Ham, Wolfsburg, Beksita, Valencia FC and Schalke 04 have bought League of Legends (LoL) teams. And it is that at a commercial level e-sports already surpass famous leagues such as the NBA.
E-Sport betting on mobiles and smartphones
In 2017, mobile games represented 42% of the market. The new boom was e-sports, with developers like Super Evil Megacorp launching the MOBA Vainglory, the first of its range for mobiles. It is expected that before mobile games will dominate 2021 e-sports.
Main e-sports tournaments
They are the ones with the highest audience. Their openings and closings have nothing to envy to the pomposity of the Super Bowl. These are the most popular events in e-sports:
- The International.
- League of Legends World Championship.
- Evolution Championship Series.
- Intel Extreme Masters.
Tips for betting on e-sports
- Select the video gameplay and know firsthand its dynamics.
- Follow the most influential YouTuber as they usually have a good knowledge of the players and sometimes have internal news.
- Game specialized forums are an excellent source of which strategy or team will be most important in the near future. Additionally, news or updates are frequently leaked.
- If you are an amateur competitor, join a team created with your friends or an existing one in the game. Thus, you will understand how the strategies and tactics that are used today are executed.
- Good online casinos offer welcome bonuses, although we recommend that you read everything you need to know about welcome bonuses before betting (they have their fine print). They are a good option if you are still betting at the amateur level being your first time. They become a financial cushion, as they represent free money that you can use to prove yourself by betting on a new sport without risk.
- Combination bets. Very difficult to win, but if you hit them, it is like winning the lottery. They pay very well, and you only have to win 1 out of 15 to be on profit. Don’t pick them too big to have a real chance of winning.
- Open accounts at Multiple Betting Houses, as this has some advantage. The fierce competition between the online casinos makes one always offer better payouts for the same bet offered by all, so you can get a better profit by leaving with the best offer. The same goes for promotions during special events. So we recommend depositing € 100 in each of them. You can use them when it is most convenient.
How to bet skins and items?
If you have Steam, you will know that for playing you will be given skins or objects. Some betting websites such as CSGOpoor or DOTA2Lounge allow you to bet your items and not real money. All you have to do is register with your Steam account and provide the exchange URL on the Valve platform.
“The goal of skins betting is to increase your inventory.”
You can bet the objects by predicting the winner of championships like “The International” or by playing online casino games. To obtain the exchange URL, you just have to access your Steam inventory, “Exchange Offers” menu, “Who can send me exchange offers?” You will find the URL in this last menu.
LoL betting – League of Legends
League of Legends is the most popular online game in real time and the most wagered. Combine the speed and intensity of strategy games with RPG combat. Two teams of 5 players fight each other with warriors who possess specific skills and abilities. There are more than 135 different champions.
It can be confusing for someone who has never played to understand the championships with live narrators. It begins with the teams located on opposite bases. The objective is to destroy the Nexus of the rival team, but to get there, they must first destroy turrets, neutral monsters, rival champions and their minions or minions.
Currently, the best teams are in Korea. SK Telecom T1 has been the best in recent times, and Faker is one of the best players in the LoL world. The teams that follow are Smeb, TSM and G2. Much of the power of a team in LoL depends largely on their range of champions and how they have them in teams or limping.
Types of e-sports LoL bets
- To the winning team or the Money Line.
- The team does not lose a map or game.
- Handicap, the favorite must win without losing maps.
- The total number of deaths in a game (more or less than 50).
Major League tournaments
- World Championship.
- LoL Pro League.
- LoL Master Series
Dota 2 – Defense of the Ancients 2 betting
It is the second most popular e-sports today with a dynamic very similar to LoL action/strategy. Much of the strategy during tournaments starts from the selection of the heroes since the teams mutually prohibit two heroes from the rival team and choose which heroes they include in the game, one by one.
Defense of the Ancients 2 is played with two teams of 5 players. Each player controls a hero with distinctive skills and styles. The battle takes place on different maps, and characters can be equipped with different runes to upgrade them.
The characters can be of 3 types: Intelligence, Agility and Strength. Each one can carry 6 objects. The game’s objective is to destroy the base of the rival team, called the central tower or “Ancient”.
The best team in recent times is OG, as they have won the most tournaments and consecutively. They have Fly, the best player in the world. The next team is EG.
Dota2 e-sports Bet Types
- To the winning team or money line.
- Future bets.
- A team does not lose a map or game.
- Total deaths.
Main Dota2 tournaments
- The International.
- The Defense.
- SLTV Star series.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Betting (CSGO)
The third most popular e-sports in e-sports betting is CSGO in the first person shooter or multiplayer shooter mode.
Two sides, the terrorists and counterterrorists play in two parts of 15 rounds, the team that wins the most rounds wins the game. To win a round, the team must eliminate all opponents and complete the objectives on the map.
Terrorists must place an explosive and ensure that it detonates before the time runs out, and counterterrorists must prevent the explosive from exploding, deactivating it, preventing it from being placed or not exploding before the time runs out.
A feature of the game that made it grow in popularity is that you can add skins (customizations), objects or weapons created by players or independent developers. Skins can be exchanged or purchased on Steam.
The best teams at the moment are Astralis and SK. They are followed by FaZe, who owns star player NiKO and is expected to grow much more as a team.
Types of bets e-sports CSGO
- To the winning team.
- Winner of individual maps.
- Game winner.
Main CSGO tournaments
- PGL Major.
- ESL One.
- SLTV Star Series.
- ESL Pro League.
- ESEA seasons.