Everyone is wondering when the Playstation 4 is going to be announced. One source has claimed that the announcement will be coming in February, which caused plenty of other websites and bloggers to run with it even though any kind of reasoning was fabricated at best. Here’s why the Playstation 4 will not be getting announced this upcoming February.
The main reason lies in how this rumor got started in the first place. Sony will be hosting an event called Destination Playstation in February. Many assumed this event to be a stage for the unveiling of the Playstation 4. Here’s the thing. Destination Playstation is not a press event and thus will not have any media coverage. Rather, the event is for retailers. Basically Sony will be spending the event telling their retail partners why they should keep buying Playstation stuff. Logically speaking, if Sony were to be announcing the Playstation 4, it would be at an event with complete media and press coverage. Destination Playstation is the opposite of that kind of event. Anything that gets ‘announced’ from it will have to be through a leak.
The other reason that the Playstation 4 will not be getting announced next month is that it would make no sense for Sony. This upcoming spring there will be games like The Last of Us and Sly Cooper 4: Thieves in Time. The blockbuster titles, and others like them, will be launching on the current Playstation console. Why would Sony want to divert attention from that?
There isn’t even confirmation yet as to whether we will be getting a Playstation 4 announcement this year. If Sony does show off a new console at Destination Playstation it likely won’t detail any specs. More likely it will just be a heads up to their retailers that there is new hardware on its way.
- iPhone SE X leaks: Could this be the new compact phone?
- Apple has finally begun working on its own displays (MicroLED)
- Laxmicoin, the India based cryptocurrency, might be worth looking into
- How to Earn Money Online Straight from Your Smartphone
- MacBooks will feature touch based keyboards in the future
- In-display fingerprint scanner: Is it a thing yet ?
- iPhones will be vacuum sealed for additional waterproofing in the future
- Should you buy the Samsung Galaxy S9?
- Apple will release cheaper, improved MacBook Airs this year
- macOS 10.14: Improved Siri, Continuity, and inclusion of iOS apps