With the PS4 having had a launch which Sony will probably want to forget in a hurry, it’s Microsoft’s turn with their Xbox One later this week. In preparation for this, Microsoft have just released a new Xbox One SmartGlass App for iOS.
The App functions very much like the existing Xbox 360 SmartGlass App, allowing your iOS device to connect to your Xbox and navigate the dashboard, control content, and take advantage of a secondary display in supported games. Microsoft say it’s “the perfect companion app for your Xbox One, both in your living room and on the go.”
Xbox One SmartGlass for iOS
Whilst you’re out an about, the Xbox One SmartGlass App will let you track achievements, see what friends are online, and also create and respond to messages.
– Navigate your Xbox One console using your device’s keyboard and touch
– Control your media and set top box with the SmartGlass remote control
– Browse the web on your TV using your mobile device
– Enhance what you are watching or playing with SmartGlass companions
– Increase performance with faster connections and reliability
– Search, browse, and pin content to play on your Xbox One console
– Track achievements, get game help, message friends, and watch game clips
There doesn’t seem to be a great deal extra functionality from day-one that the Xbox One SmartGlass App has over its Xbox 360 counterpart, but expect that to change quite quickly. Functionality will undoubtedly be introduced through updates to take advantage of exclusive Xbox One features, or why would anyone want to update?
The Xbox One goes on sale this Friday 22nd November 2013 for $499 or £429 and is expected to be met with heavy demand. You just have to take a look at Amazon’s page regarding stock levels to understand how tough it’ll be to get your hands on one of these at launch:
Let us know if you’ve ordered yours!