The tool that 14 million people use and love to Jailbreak their iPhone, iPad, and iPods on all iOS Versions up to iOS 6.1.2 around the world, has once again been updated, bringing an improved Cydia list and knocking the version number to 1.5.1.
This means that upon Jailbreaking your device and launching Cydia for the first time, it won’t sit and hang at that ‘Reloading’ screen for ages, as not as much data is now required on the first refresh since it is preloaded in this new updated list.
As continually mentioned around the site, Apple have (or are planning on) patching the exploits used in the Evasi0n Jailbreak in the latest iOS 6.1.3 Beta 2 released to developers last week. Consequently, the time in which the window is open to take advantage of the hard word the Evad3r team has put in to finding an exploit is slowing running out, so make sure you download the new version of Evasi0n from the source links below while you can.
Evasi0n Version 1.5.1
As always, make sure you are familiar with the instructions before attempting to Jailbreak:
- Backup your device using iTunes (or iCloud) before using evasi0n. If something breaks, you’ll always be able to recover your data.
- Please disable the lock passcode of your iOS device before using evasi0n. It can cause issues.
- Avoid all iOS and iTunes related tasks until evasi0n is complete. Why not just enjoy a brief break from the computer to stretch your legs?
- If the process gets stuck somewhere, it’s safe to restart the program, reboot the device (if necessary by holding down Power and Home until it shuts down), and rerun the process.
- If you get an error on OS X 10.8 saying that evasi0n can’t be opened, control-click (or right-click) the app and on the revealed context menu, choose ‘Open.’ On the ensuing dialogue box, choose ‘Open’ as well.
- iPhone SE X leaks: Could this be the new compact phone?
- Apple has finally begun working on its own displays (MicroLED)
- Laxmicoin, the India based cryptocurrency, might be worth looking into
- How to Earn Money Online Straight from Your Smartphone
- MacBooks will feature touch based keyboards in the future
- In-display fingerprint scanner: Is it a thing yet ?
- iPhones will be vacuum sealed for additional waterproofing in the future
- Should you buy the Samsung Galaxy S9?
- Apple will release cheaper, improved MacBook Airs this year
- macOS 10.14: Improved Siri, Continuity, and inclusion of iOS apps