Apple has released iOS 5.1.1 for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. The update addresses several issues including Safari security vulnerabilities and iPad 3 network switching problems. This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G network
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
- Fixes an issue where ‘Unable to purchase’ alert could be displayed after successful purchase
The update can be installed over-the-air via your iOS device by going to ‘Settings –> General –> Software Update’ or by plugging in your device and opening up iTunes.