From the limited stock at Best Buy to Mac Mall, which has none, the last year’s Apple tower is just about gone, gone, gone and that is an (almost) sure sign the 2013 Mac Pro is just around the corner. Yet, even on the eve of new pro iron from Apple, almost is nothing known about what’s coming.
MacTrast’s Glenn Kunzler latched onto and obsessed the issue at hand: Where can you buy last year’s Apple tower:
Out of stock:
• MacMall: Out of stock
• B&H Photo: Backordered
• CDW: Listed as “call for availability.” I called, and they confirmed they are out of stock
• PowerMax: Out of stock
• Adorama: Out of stock
• J&R Electronics: Out of stock
• Amazon: In stock
• MicroCenter: In-store pickup only
• Frys.com: In stock, but limited supply
• Best Buy: In stock, but limited supply
• MacConnection: In stock
• Apple Online Store: In stock
• Apple Retail Stores: In stock at most locations
Generally speaking, Apple sells out of previous generation products just ahead of the release of the new and Mac Pro users have been waiting for a very long time — the buzz is big.
That said, do you expect Apple to release another big Aluminum cheese grater or will the 2013 Mac Pro really be all new…
What’s your take?