When you first fire up Tippy Asteroid Jump, it’s not entirely clear how to play the game. You’ll notice what looks like a footprint on one asteroid but there are no characters in the game. It took me about 5 game re-starts to figure out that you needed to touch every incoming asteroid with your finger to ‘walk’ on them.
The asteroids start moving out slowly but quickly get faster and faster. You have to tap on them in the sequence that they arrive on-screen, similar to how you play Guitar Hero.
Tippy Asteroid Jump has 3 different game modes – Survival (last as long as you can), Time and Distance. The further you can get, the higher your score.
The game’s visuals are pretty basic and unfortunately the ads are quite obtrusive. Every time the game ends two full-screen ads for other games appear that must be closed separately before you can play again.
A basic game that has a fun concept and doesn’t cost anything to download, but the visuals and the pop-up ads are currently letting it down.
Tippy Asteroid Jump requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5. Follow Tapscape for the best iPhone arcade game reviews.
- Facebook is turning out to be very unsafe for data sharing: Cambridge Analytica data breach adds fire
- Why Google renamed its Android Wear platform to Wear OS
- Rainforest Connection is using Google’s TensorFlow to curb illegal deforestation
- Buy an iPad for less than $260: Apple’s take on education
- iPhone SE X leaks: Could this be the new compact phone?
- Apple has finally begun working on its own displays (MicroLED)
- Laxmicoin, the India based cryptocurrency, might be worth looking into
- How to Earn Money Online Straight from Your Smartphone
- MacBooks will feature touch based keyboards in the future
- In-display fingerprint scanner: Is it a thing yet ?